Arrange friendly

I knew this was an option but had never seen it before:

For promising youngster I offered £500K + 10% of future fee. The counter-bid replaced 10% with "arrange friendly." (Which I accepted.)

Two questions:

1) Will my Ass Man arrange the friendly for me or do I have to remember to do it myself?

2) What happens if I stiff them and don't arrange it at all?

I knew this was an option but had never seen it before:

For promising youngster I offered £500K + 10% of future fee. The counter-bid replaced 10% with "arrange friendly." (Which I accepted.)

Two questions:

1) Will my Ass Man arrange the friendly for me or do I have to remember to do it myself?

2) What happens if I stiff them and don't arrange it at all?

If you have your Ass Man set to arrange regular friendlies then he should do that one automatically too.

If you don't have him doing them then you can either do it yourself or they will challenge you to a friendly.

If they arrange the friendly then you cannot refuse it, so you can't fail to play it.

On a related note, would the AI potentially choose an inappropriate time for a friendly (i.e. in the middle of the season just before/after a competitive match) if left to its own devices? Deliberately fielding a weak side would be a solution, of course, but having the fixture there would be a pain in the arse in itself.

On a related note, would the AI potentially choose an inappropriate time for a friendly (i.e. in the middle of the season just before/after a competitive match) if left to its own devices? Deliberately fielding a weak side would be a solution, of course, but having the fixture there would be a pain in the arse in itself.

Well, I did think of that. I'm playing in Brazil, where the season runs from mid-January to mid-December and there isn't much of a pre-season at all. I can certainly see the game happening in August. (with my u-20 side.)

And thanks, Mackemforever. :thup:

Archived