Are the German leagues playable?

Please excuse me, I'm a long time fan of the CM/FM series but have only just purchased FM10. Therefore I'm fairly out of touch with all things FM and have only just reignited my interests after signing up for FML. After a recent visit to Munich and taking in a TSV 1860 Munich game, I'd like to have a save with them. When I load up the German leagues I notice that 1860's U23 team is not in a league and have no fixtures, the same goes for the U19 team. Will this hamper my youth prospects progress as they play in no league games? While I appreciate that one day the U23 team may be randomly selected for promotion to the third division, I still feel the league is unplayable. Anyone else had similar experiences?

This may be way off the mark, but could it be down to an invitation to play in the U23/U19 league? Usually I start unemployed, so can't remember if it gives you the choice if you start with a club at the beginning of the game, but at the start of the second season you usually get an invitation to play an U23/U19 team and can decide whether you want to have one or not.

Could be completely wrong though!

Please excuse me, I'm a long time fan of the CM/FM series but have only just purchased FM10. Therefore I'm fairly out of touch with all things FM and have only just reignited my interests after signing up for FML. After a recent visit to Munich and taking in a TSV 1860 Munich game, I'd like to have a save with them. When I load up the German leagues I notice that 1860's U23 team is not in a league and have no fixtures, the same goes for the U19 team. Will this hamper my youth prospects progress as they play in no league games? While I appreciate that one day the U23 team may be randomly selected for promotion to the third division, I still feel the league is unplayable. Anyone else had similar experiences?

Not sure if this is correct (at work so can't check) or if it applies to previous versions but I recall B-type teams being given match stats when the B team was in a league lower than my playable ones, so they may well be getting 'match practice'.

As I said though my brain may have made this up so hopefully someone can confirm if I'm talking rubbish or not :o

I'm playing as Schalke- my u19 team gets invited into the league, and I have to make a fixture list of friendlies for my u23 team. I assume it does the same thing as the u23's playing in a league- everyone is match fit.

Hmm.. your U19 should have matches... usually all German clubs have a U19-team in a U19-league.

as for your U23: Go to the editor, add nation rules for Germany and you will find them in the Regionalliga Süd (4th division).

BTW: Schalke U23 plays in the Regionalliga West. So adding nation rules for Germany would do the trick here, too.

Just as a side note:

According to german league rules a u23 team is not allowed to participate in a league which is directly connected by relegation or promotion to the original team's league, I believe. In other words: As long as 1860 Munich is playing in 2. Bundesliga, the u23 team is not allowed to promote to 3. Liga.

Also a maximum of four u23 teams for 3. Liga is set. As long as those four u23 teams of Munich, Dortmund, Stuttgart and Bremen are participating, another u23 team is unable to get promoted to 3. Liga.

Archived