International management

I've just taken the England job and I still think this area of the game needs huge work. For example in player interaction, there's no way that I can tell Ashley Young (now at Roma) that if he wants to play for England he must be playing regularly (which he is not). Similarly I can't tell Gabby Agbonlahor that despite the fact he's scored 30+ goals this season, he won't be going to the Euros because I'm taking a young Target Man who I think has a very bright future and I need the option of being able to 'pump ball into box' in this competition.

I like the addition of the ass man telling you what players are playing in what fixtures that week so I can attend the games, and there's one or two other little additions I've noticed from previous versions, but I still think this area of the game still needs a great deal of work. It could be a much bigger part of the game if it was done well. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

I agree totally these features need to be added to the game but the whole interaction with players in general needs to be looked at. I mean you can't even tell a loan player he is playing good or bad. Explaining the reason you are not calling someone up would be great as it could have an effect on if they would play for you again if you leave them out of a major tournament.

To be fair the target man played a 30 games for his club and got a similar average rating. Gabby's had enough chances in the squad to prove his quality at international level and hasn't done it. I'd like to take him as a super sub but I only play 1 up front, so taking 6 strikers is a bit silly!

Just thought of another one... Say you're a smaller nation i.e I'm Ghana manager.

Problem is I've got a gem of a player born in Ghana but he's got English in him so he's decided to play for the England U21's so no doubt he'll probably go on to become a England international, now I don't know if this is in the game but I'd love the opportunity to try and persuade him to reconsider playing for his home country, I feel this would be a great feature for smaller nation managers so that you could at least try and get your gems to not play for the huge nations instead of their home country. And yes this is based on a player in my game

Archived