Cannot Seem To Assign Captains, Pen Takers etc

Hi Guys,

Sorry If this is a real dumb question but I'm new to the game and can't seem to figure this out.

I've started a season as a lower league club and I can't seem to assign captains, pen takers, free kick takers etc. I'm going into tactics, then from the instructions menu I'm selecting pen takers or free kick takers. I'm then getting a screen which says drag and drop a player to the list. I've tried all ways to drag a player from the left of the screen to the list but it doesn't work. :(

To be honest, the section that has the drag player to list seems greyed out to me but I'm not sure. I'm playing on a mac but not sure that's relevant.

Help would be appreciated, cheers.

Thanks for the reply Irob.

I'm trying to do this before even going to the pre match screen.

I'm just selecting the tactics option when in mid-week etc before I even get to the team selection part. I've also tried it when in the team selection before a match but same result.

I can't help thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Do I just click and drag on the player name and drag it over to the pen taker/captain section over on the right?

Any other ideas would be appreciated. :)

Make sure you've selected the players you want to have as free-kick taker etc. in your squad. Doesn't matter if it's first XI or sub. That should work.

If you've done so, then i don't know. If not, then try that.

Archived