German U23/reserve teams

Ok, so i have been searching a bit on the forum and found out that the reserve team doesn't play any league games unless they are in a playable league. Being St. Pauli, my team is of course not. So, I read that the only way to get some match practice for your reserves is to arrange friendlies.

I arranged friendlies for the whole season. The problem is however that almost none of my first team players that needs games, gets it. Instead the AM is playing 15 year olds from my u18 team. What do I have to do to get playing time for my bench players? It's really hard to get people match fit after an injury for example. Any German league veterans out there? :)

What to do?

If I recall correctly, you can't use the German 'II' teams in the manner you would British ones - to keep players match fit. Because of squad registration, the clubs payers are declared for one of the teams only; you can't freely move them about.

If you really want to, you can make the regionals (where you'll find the St Pauli II team) playable via the editor.

Archived