Conceding late goals

I mean my god. Playing as Sunderland in my 1st season, only in to November but i'm constantly conceding goals deep into injury time. I understand that these things can happen but losing 2-1 home to Utd (Berbatov Pen in 93rd), losing 1-0 away to Burnley (Nugent 92nd Min), Drawing to Wolves (Knightly scores from Corner 91st min). My tactics change around 75 mins dependant on position in the game and my tactics are pretty sound (having beaten Arsenal 2-0 at home and beating teams around me in the league). My players aren't complacent or nervous, even at 80 mins so what can I do.

These things happen I appreciate but 3 times already this season in games I needed to get the points from. Not looking forward to my games against Spurs and Man City!

A rant perhaps but if there is anyone who can suggest anything more I can do to prevent these highly aggrovating (it's just a game...but still) events please let me know

Cheers, I feel much better now

Cheers Rab, I will certainly try. Downloading tactics isn't in my ethos so i'll try to keep the players motivated and hopefully the issue will resolve itself once the team is 100% gelled.

Currently playing 4-4-2 with MCa and MCd (with DM when playing teams with AM). I find the added width of the 4-4-2 (despite Sunderland not having the greatest strength out wide) fits with my tactics...or perhaps not if i'm conceding so late:P I will defo give that formation a gander,

Cheers again man

This is the first game im playing without a transfer budget in first window...so once some other team had swagged my potential back-up left back I was out on my backside in terms of transfers. But i'm making do :) I'll try 4-1-2-1-2 tomorrow after the F1 qualy.

Take it easy man

I experience this alot.

When i am expecting a clean sheet, late goals screw me up.

I wanted to let my star player have some rest to be fit for next match.

After many late goal by them , i realise that if you want to sub striker out, don't bring in a striker with no reputation because their defender will be push up front .

Next is mentality, normally if you change from attack to defence player gets confuse and play badly which i dun know why.

Cause when i am leading like 3 goals i change my tactis to defence ,i will be conceded during injury time.

Sorry for my poor sentence structure & english .

Thanks for the additonal ideas/comments. I have been trying out 4-1-2-1-2 as a formation and have been getting similar results ( aside from losing 6-4 away to Fulham [just like real life :S]). However I am not conceding as many late goals (which is the primary issue here as I understand losing 2-0 to Liverpool!).

I suspect that it may have been a squad gelling issue in this instance but ill keep an eye on things and let you know.

Should it begin again I will implement kickballz formation and see how it fairs.

Im on a high now as I was given 30 Million to spend in Jan and purchased Bale, Gosling and Di Maria. Looking forward to the second half of the season!

Cheers again

Archived