Sending players to a feeder club to gain a new nationality..?

Hey guys, I'm new to this site so please be kind if there's already a thread on this, but it's been bugging me no-end.

I'm managing Liverpool FC and have just gained AA Gent as a feeder club and one of the 'perks' is that I can send players there if they're ineligable for a Work Permit, so that they can gain Belgian nationality.

However, whenever a player fails to gain a work permit, I never get the option to send them to Gent, or if I do have that option, I can't find it.

If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'd be much appreciated, as there's a few 'newgen' players from Croatia that I reall want :D

Thanks for any help. :)

When your application for a work permit is rejected, appeal. 2 or 3 days later you get a message saying its been refused but you can send the player out on loan. But him and send him to Genk.

You must be caving in rather than appealing.

I do always appeal, but I've never noticed the option to send them out on loan..

I'll have another look next time I play.. There's a 15 year old goalie newgen (in my 2nd season) from Croatia who, according to 4 of my World Class scouts, as a 5star potential ability :eek:

The option to send him on loan, doesnt appear on that message. You buy the play like normal (after appealing) despite him not having a work permit, then when he joins your squad he will show as ineligible, and it is then that you choose to send him to the feeder club. Select the player, then select squad> move to affiliate, and select Genk. You will have to do that at the start of each season and then after 3 years he will have Belgian nationality.

The option to send him on loan, doesnt appear on that message. You buy the play like normal (after appealing) despite him not having a work permit, then when he joins your squad he will show as ineligible, and it is then that you choose to send him to the feeder club. Select the player, then select squad> move to affiliate, and select Genk. You will have to do that at the start of each season and then after 3 years he will have Belgian nationality.

Thanks mate.

Going to try again next time I play on the game. I just can't remember actually being able to still sign them after they failked to gain a Work Permit. Ah well. As I said, I'll try :)

About the 15 year old: it might be it's against Croatia's laws for a 15 year old to leave the country. Some countries have limits such as 18 for Brazil. Check that's not the reason rather than work permit.

It's a FIFA rule that players under 18 can't move countries. There are exceptions; Countries that are within the E.U., parents move for non-footballing reasons or the club being moved to is within a certain distance of the players current club and possibly a few others can't recall right now. As Croatia aren't in the E.U. (yet) and is a fair way away from Liverpool, that'll be why a work permit was refused.

About the 15 year old: it might be it's against Croatia's laws for a 15 year old to leave the country. Some countries have limits such as 18 for Brazil. Check that's not the reason rather than work permit.

It's not against their laws, according to the game.

He's now residing at Gent, gaining a Belgian nationality to get a work permit.

Yay :) thanks for the help guys :)

Archived