Any things that can help improve performance

Unfortunately due to moronic tampering of a sibling, a RAM card slot was damaged and I've lost 2GB of the 4 in my system (only actually lost about 1.4 but you get what I mean) and for the first time since this happened I've loaded up FM and its at a snails pace. I've got gamebooster already, and not using any unneccessary programs but so far its taken 8 minutes to get to 34 minutes in my game with commentary only on, and match speed at full.

It's not a large save, I'm at Sunderland and the only reason I remember it being such a small set-up is because its a challenge game me and a mate are running, on a medium database with only England as the active league and region where players are loaded from so 2GB should be enough to run the game at a better rate than it currently is.

Anyone got a suggestion to help, in 6 weeks or so I'm getting a new PC which will be ample for FM so it doesn't need to be a long-term solution but I don't want to have to waste half an hour per game and another half an hour to process 3 - 4 days.

Archived