Tax Expenditure

I tried doing a search for this problem, but I couldn't come up with anything, so apologies if this has been addressed in previous threads.

In this particular game save, I've set up one of these super leagues structures. I've just been promoted to from the 4th tier to the 3rd tier. A couple months into this new season, I've already managed to earn nearly half of last seasons income. However, I've lost money each month, and having a look at my expenditures so far this season, the only thing that has already surpassed last season spending is my taxes. I've paid £3m more this season, in two months, than I have for all of last season.

Am I freaking out about this too early, or is there some sort of bug I've stumbled upon, or is this natural for the game... or what?

Tax is a complicated subject. As far as England is concerned there are a number of things clubs have to pay tax on and not just their profits (if any). They have to pay VAT on tickets, merchandising and refreshments sold as well as Income Tax and National Insurance from players wages. Even though the tax is taken from the players gross wage you as the company have to pay the tax to HMRC and pay the player the balance as net pay. Therefore if you are paying more in wages and getting bigger attendances due to your promotion then your tax bill will increase accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Archived