Do AI managers have personalities?

It looks like Neil Warnock might get sacked in my game, with Sheffield United just having gone down to league one for 2007-08.

Thinking about such a larger-than-life manager got me wondering whether bosses have any kind of personality in Football Manager Handheld...?

In other words, do the AI managers have preferred formations, styles of play, etc?

It would be quite cool if, for instance, you knew to expect a physical battle when playing a team managed by Manager X.

But I imagine that the Ai just works identically for all CPU teams.

It looks like Neil Warnock might get sacked in my game, with Sheffield United just having gone down to league one for 2007-08.

Thinking about such a larger-than-life manager got me wondering whether bosses have any kind of personality in Football Manager Handheld...?

In other words, do the AI managers have preferred formations, styles of play, etc?

It would be quite cool if, for instance, you knew to expect a physical battle when playing a team managed by Manager X.

But I imagine that the Ai just works identically for all CPU teams.

• SI Staff

Yes AI managers have personalities and preferences in the handheld game, hence they'll look for different sorts of players and react in different manners.

Its most visible in the current version through managers who are into more 'physical' teams and who are poor at man-management, they tend to have more unhappy players because they're pushed harder in training.

In the next version of the game it'll be much more visible as the media has been expanded hugely now icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Yes AI managers have personalities and preferences in the handheld game, hence they'll look for different sorts of players and react in different manners.

Its most visible in the current version through managers who are into more 'physical' teams and who are poor at man-management, they tend to have more unhappy players because they're pushed harder in training.

In the next version of the game it'll be much more visible as the media has been expanded hugely now icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good to hear

Archived