Feels there is too much competition for a first team place

Any ideas on dealing with this?

Obviously selling some players might be a good start! However, the position concerned is a key one for me so I like to have good backup, plus some of the other players aren't actually direct competition at all as they also play in another position and that's what I am using them for.

What does it say about the player who is having this concern? Possibly not very good at taking any pressure? I am going to try tutoring him with an older, more experience player and see if that helps.

Is it just a case of winning matches, getting morale up and then the problem will go away?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks. :)

That's pretty much what I said in the press conference.

Actually, looking back, I told him that if he trains well then he will play.

Anyway, the point is that he accepted it and apologised for complaining but he is still unhappy. :confused:

His morale is always low as a result and his form is suffering. :(

My 1st choice defender started moaning when I signed a midfielder about competition for places just because my defender could play in midfield too.

I told the press he was still first choice, he started every game and I sold another midfielder and it still didnt please him. I had to sell him in the end. I think he was just looking for excuses to leave.

I hope that's not going to be the case for me because I've only just signed this guy! :D

I got asked about it in another press conference. I gave the most positive answers to try to sort it out. Unfortunately, he is still unhappy.

I've used the press feedback system to push his morale back up by praising his performances. I guess I've just got to keep playing him and reassuring him, and hope for the best.

It probably doesn't help that my team are underachieving at the moment and fighting for survival. I guess everybody is happy in a winning team. Perhaps the answer is just to win more games!

I gave him a key player status. He is basically in the team every week and in no danger of losing his place.

I've given him some tutoring with one of my most experienced players. I've no idea if this has helped.

What did help was winning matches. I went on a decent run and all of a sudden his unhappiness went away!

As I suspected, players are less likely to be unhappy when they are in the team and winning games! :D

Archived