Spanish Foreign rule

Spain has an interesting definition on their foreigner rule. Normally you can only register 3 'Foreigners' into the first squad. However, what exactly is a foreigner? I have several non-EU Eastern Europeans and Africans who have no EU nationality but are not classified as non-EU. I know Spain has some arrangement with African nations that makes them exempt from this rule.

Is this also true for Eastern European nations as well then? Is there a list somewhere of what nations are non-EU but do not count as Foreigners?

For Spain it seems not only do Serbs and Croats count as foreigners it takes 10 years for them to get a Spanish passport. Turks on the other hand seem to qualify as non foreign along with Africans.

Yes I knew about the 10 year rule. Although that applies to any non-Hispanic born player. Hispanic born players (South America, Central America, and most of the Greater Antilles) only require 2 years to gain a passport.

I have Russians and Turks in my team who qualify as non-foreign; didn't know about Serbs/Croats though. I wonder what the exact rule is on this.

Just got this from wikipedia so not saying its 100% accurate but does explain some of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Liga#Eligibility_of_non-EU_players

The rule seems to be a little different in FM, where non-Hispanic players require 10 years to gain Spanish citizenship (not 5 as claimed in the wiki article). It also mentions players from ACP countries do not count as Foreigners. I'm still curious on the rules of some Eastern European players. Turks are non-foreign but some former Yugoslav nations are foreign?

Archived