Lack of loyality.

I love football manager, half of the issues discussed do not affect/bother me.

There is one thing that seems little unrealistic. After the first season the majority of the players seem to think it's time for a new challenge.

I have just finished my first season with Liverpool and by the looks, it's going to be a player exodus.

Daniel Agger > AC Milan

Martin Skrtel > Sevilla

Andrea Dossena > Portsmouth

Xabi Alonso > Real Madrid

Jose Reina > Barcelona

Phillip Degen > Newcastle

These players all feel they have acheived all they can at L'pool and want to move on. I don't understand why though. I won the league cup and finished 3rd (As expected) reaching the semi finals of the Champions cup v Chelsea (Oh dear not again).

I understand a few such as the moves to the Milans, Madrid, Barcelona etc but Phillip Degen to Newcastle?

It's not like I under played him really he was my first choice right back.

This is by no means a rant but something that SI should look into for 09. They feel they can't acheive their dreams at L'pool but clearly that is not the case. A little adjustment for realism

wouldn't go a miss.

This also happened with my Valencia side.

I had the same thing with Andreas Ottl at FC Bayern. I'd won the league 3 years in a row and continually entered the latter atages of the Champions League, but he refused to sign a new contract and instead signed for 6th place and Euro Cup particpants Borussia Dortmund.

To be fair, the only two that would raise eyebrows in your list are Dossena and Degen. Wanting a new challenge isn't totally unrealistic though.

Yes Nomis it's those players who raise the looks but are Sevilla or Milan better options for my players?

Considering the distance and performances in the cup competitions I tend to think not but theres not much you can if they want to leave.

I've been quite unusually lucky with loyalty at Werder Bremen and also at Fiorentina. In 3 years I've only once sold a player I didn't really want to (Naldo from Bremen) and in that case I wasn't dead set against selling him - the offer was very good and I signed a good replacement (who I didn't register in time for the German window, but that's a whole other issue).

What was strange though is that he wanted a bigger club and he moved to Porto who are, to my mind and equal sized club. Certainly Diego, who seems pleasingly loyal, chose (prior to the game start) to move from Porto to Bremen so he obviously thought it was an upward step in that direction.

Diego has so far not made any indication of want to move to a bigger club in my 3 years in charge and has signed a 5 year contact icon_smile.gif

Archived