When your best just isn't good enough.

Which team is just simply too good? That team which your forever on the coattails of, but can't quite catch. The team that's so relentless, so robotic, you'd think they could only exist on a computer game or something...

When no matter what you do, you don't feel - you know - that you'll fall short.

For me: Chelsea.

They are not human. Okay, it's still early, but the signs don't bode well.

I'm still good for a 90+ finish, but they... they are... well, good for a 114 finish. The only way i could see us winning the title this season is by beating them home and away, which ain't going to happen, but even then they'd probably still be too strong.

premtable.png

I had a team that was not quite as good but still relentless when managing in the Scottish Third Division: Montrose. They got promoted and i cruised the league the next year, following them up. Trouble is, i'm stuck with Chelsea. My only consolation is its my first season - and they are old!

Other people must have failed before partly because a computer team was just so good?

Well since I've come upthrough the divisions, I've had a few. But now Im in the Prem, its Man City. UNTIL LAST SEASON!! I had to beat them on the final day of the season to snatch the title from under their noses, which I did. Then had a very lucky FA Cup final against them, winning penalty in stoppage time jobby. And they are 3 points clear of me after 5 games this season, ALREADY!

Bloody City.

Archived