Playing Away....

Im mid way through my second season at an EPL club, media predicted 20th in the first season but we managed to finish 8th, and at this point in the second we are a respectable 6th place, my problem is that at home, i can beat absolutely anyone, i beat last seasons champions Liverpool 3-1, Arsenal 2-0, Chelsea and Man Utd both 1-0, dominating the games, and i dont think iv lost at home all season, however, in the match round up thing in the news it says "... were often unable to play due to persistent fouling by the opposition", how should i combat that? Also, and this is by far the bigger problem, however well my players are performing at home, whenever they play away they 'do a Robinho' and the vast majority go missing! And i dont have a clue how to fight that! Should i be more defensive away from home?

you should always play a bit more defensively away from home :)

really? iv always played as bigger teams to be honest, so iv never really noticed the home/away thing before, is it a new thing for fm10, or has it always been there? will it be a case of simply changing my starting strategy from 'attacking' to something more reserved, or do you think a full new tactic would be better? also, does being predicted as favourite have an impact on that?

Archived