How to Please them?

"Feels you aren't giving the team enough credit"!

Bit weird to see poor grammar and contractions but nvm, they probably had a character limit to work with..

But that's not my point. My point is that I have taken over at Liverpool and in my first game I beat Plymouth 0-3, asked them to keep it up, praised Ngog who came off the bench to score and Lucas who scored a screamer. All was splendid. Next game I went to Dundee United and beat them 1-7, made wholescale changes and 15/16 players had an 8+ rating so I just told them that I was thrilled with their performance. Continue, continue then bang eight of my squad have the above slt.. I am 2 games into preseason and they want me to lick their arses?

I found I had this in pre season when I was managing eastleigh, at the time I was using only the team options for team talks, because I was too lazy to do it player by player, but in the end I started to look at player motivation and gave each player a personal team talk based on the rating this gave, this quickly solved the problem of not giving players enough credit.

You are at least saying well done for winning in a pre-season game, right? If you don't you aren't giving the team enough credit.

Read my post, I told them I was thrilled.

I found I had this in pre season when I was managing eastleigh, at the time I was using only the team options for team talks, because I was too lazy to do it player by player, but in the end I started to look at player motivation and gave each player a personal team talk based on the rating this gave, this quickly solved the problem of not giving players enough credit.

Interesting, would it not be more prudent to just pick the best and the worst? In the examples I have given, and I can add another to this, I have picked out the better players for praise and also given the best team praise I can.

Just to give you more to work with, just beaten Inverness away 0-7, told them sensational, two players had a rating of 9+ so I told them I was delighted. With the rest at 8+ do they really want me to personally tell each and every one of them I was pleased? Are they not a team? To make matters worse Fernando Torres is now Slt - he didn't even play in the game!

Make that 11 players on Slt.

Did you have any post-match press conferences? The players listen.

If he took any post match press conferences he's absolutely guaranteed to have upset the players. He probably told the press he was happy with the performance, which is a big no-no in the fluffy pink world of FM10.

Archived