Versatility?

I have been playing football manager for years now. But on some things I still feel like a bit of a noob. I like finding players I can train in other positions so they can act as cover if I am needing a player in a specific position. However I have no idea how to find a versatile player. I ocassionally stumble across one but dont know how to identify one out of a list.

Is there specific attributes for identifying a versatile player who can be trained in more positions or do I just have to look at how many positions they can already play to see that they are versatile and can train to another position?

Well as far as im aware if your searching for a versatile player then its one who can play in numerous positions....Theres nothing to stop you training a player in certain positions though to make him Versatile, he wont always adapt to the position you might want him to train in though

Versatility is a hidden attribute and it's impossible to tell how versatile a player is until you try and retrain him to a new position.

Having said that, if you have someone that can learn a new position in a couple of months, you can be sure that he's very versatile and will probably learn even more new positions quickly. Similarly, buying someone that can already play in 3 or 4 positions is usually a good indicator that he'll easily be able to learn how to play elsewhere, though, bizarrely, this rule doesn't always apply to regens (i've got a player that can play AML, AMR, MR and AMC but has really low versatility [checked using Genie Scout] so I can't get him to be an accomplished ML or MC...)

Archived