Again and again, loosing with good performances

Whilst hes still complaining can someone explain to me why my Defensive Midfielder gets around 75% of my total chances each game. Plus why is that despite setting everysingle player in my team to "rarely" take Long Shots, over half the chances i get are from range!!!

Your team probably run out of options.

Have you set it at high creativity?

Whilst hes still complaining can someone explain to me why my Defensive Midfielder gets around 75% of my total chances each game.

Not if you're not giving out more information

Plus why is that despite setting everysingle player in my team to "rarely" take Long Shots, over half the chances i get are from range!!!

Touchline shouts - work ball into box and maybe Retain Possession.

Yea i have done. Very fluid system.

3-1-1-4-1

-----st-----

mf-mf-mf-mf

-----cm----

-----dm---

-cb-cb-cb--

Crude i know, but i dont know how to show tactics on here.

Pretty attacking formation though, with the both the attacking CMs set as Trequartista.

I create tons of chances but not enough CCCs and far too many Longshots.

Then that's your problem, your basically giving your players license to do whatever it is they want. Using your instructions as suggestions more than anything else.

They would shoot less if they had options.

I found that setting most players on support makes them pass the ball around a lot more, eventually carving out the oppositions defence. I used to play with a Trequartista, but changed to advanced play maker. Found that they took a lot less shots. They spread the play around more because (I'm assuming here), they aren't set to look for the most attacking option.

They pass it in the oppositions area then all of a sudden someone will make a run, pass, score type of thing.

Should add that I've never managed to get a team to play football that's this good. I used to think just get people forward, that's how you win at FM. I gave this ago when I found that I couldn't score to save my life, and no, well, I salivate every time my team takes the field.

Archived