Posible Memory Leak Solution

Hi Guys, Got some suggestions/possible solutions and questions for people :)

First of all for comparison here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II 955 3.2 Ghz

4GB of Corsair XMS 1333mhz RAM

Radeon 5770 ATI Catalyst 9.12

Asus M4A79T Motherboard

Tagan BZ 800 watt PSU

Soundblaster Extreme Audio

(

More than enough in theory to run Football Manager right :rolleyes: I can run Flight Simulator X and Crysis Warhead on this and FSX definatly uses more CPU power and Memory usage than Football Manager X2)

I have been testing the memory leak theory for 3 days now and pretty convinced that these crashes are a lot to do indeed with a memory leak, pretty embarrasing on SI's behalf hopefully the next patch can reduce the memory usage or the point where FM shuts down because it feels it has run out of memory.

For those tha don't want to wait till april or whenever I have managed to fix my problems by lowering my RAM usage during 3D match's in FM to sub 50% like for example 48%.

This seems to have solved the problem. FM doesn't appear to like running once RAM has got to 65%-70% and has a memory

The solution is to lower you memory some way, perhaps by deleting background programmes. As an AMD user I can use the Fusion power tool which cut my RAM usuage by 17%. So for you users using the evil corporation Intel processers :p there are a few programmes out there that can help with this just not as safe or stable perhaps.

Just a question. has anyone had a memory dump and had 6GB or more? It appears to effect people up to 4GB especially on 64bit machines.

All previos suggestions can help too so try them, inadvertantly they might work by lowering RAM usage. The reason I believe some people's systems respond to these things different is 1. - Eveyone uses their systems for different things and there for by default might be using more RAM in idle than someone else ( I am an example - have many games and applications)

2 - Different memory sizes and the difference between desktops and laptops in memeory usage.

Hope this helps. Can anyone expand on this? or help correct any errors in my sugestion? appreciated Just want to help some fellow FM dudes in the same previous situation as me. Oh by the way get the new soundpack. :D

I used to get many crash dumps whilst playing FM, and also the annoying "array access out of bounds".

I found that the "array access out of bounds" was caused by a commentary pack I had downloaded. Now that I have deleted that pack I no longer get that problem.

I have also noticed many people that are getting crash dumps are running FM trough steam. I have resolved my problem by playing steam in offline mode and closing all other programs other than FM, due to the memory leak problem.

I downloaded a program called " Advanced System Care Free" recomended by someone on this site. This program has a utility called "Smart Ram" which moniters CPU Usage, Free Physical Memory and Free Virtual Memory.

Using this program I noticed that FM was crashing due to running out of memory. Now this program allows you to free up memory that may have leaked or is idle. I do this once whilst playing FM and sometimes regain 500mb+ of memory, which makes a massive difference.

Hope this helps anyone.

Archived