The Professor Achievement Guide

prof2.jpg

FM2010 Achievement: The Professor

Yeah, yeah, I hear what you are thinking “a guide for an achievement?!”, but bear with me.

The vast majority of achievements are just down to luck & management “skill” such as the wins / clean sheets / double hattrick etc etc.

However The Professor can be achieved with some thinking and some planning and very little luck (and skill).

Okies, so what do you have to do then?

This is fairly straight forward, we need to get our Scouting World knowledge level to 75%.

scout2.png

The World level is made up of 20 subsections:

Caribbean

Central Africa

Central America

Central Asia

Central Europe

East Africa

East Asia

Eastern Europe

Middle East

North Africa

North America

Oceania

Scandinavia

South America

South Asia

South Europe

Southeast Asia

Southern Africa

UK & Ireland

Western Africa

Now not too many clubs are going to be able to have 20 scouts (I got 18 at Man Utd after a few seasons). So obviously we'll send 1 scout per sub section which will leave us some regions unscouted. However there are some extra ways to “gain” scouting knowledge which will all add up:

1.Your First / Second nationality – your club gain 100% scouting knowledge of your primary nationality and 50% of your secondary nationality

2.The nation you mange in – will rise to 100% over time (assuming it isn't the same as either of your nationalities).

3.The National team you may manage - will rise to 100% over time (assuming it isn't the same as either 1 or 2).

4.The “scouting” knowledge of all your staff: Physios / Ass Man / Coaches as well as the scouts themselves.

5.Your Feeder clubs.

So with the above in mind, the “ideal” scenario would be:

Manager – 2 really obsure nationalities as some of obscurer nations have no staff / feeder clubs viable.

20 scouts, 1 scout per region. (I don't know of a team that gets 20 scouts to start with).

Feeder clubs from nations and areas you lack knowledge of as feeder clubs provide knowledge of quite a few nations. Not just the nation the feeder club plays in.

Sack all your staff that don't boost your scouting knowledge as the vast majority of a clubs staff are domestically based then replace them with (usually crap) staff with scouting knowledge you lack. Once you have gained The Professor you can just sack them all and replace them with decent staff (assuming you can afford the mutual terminations).

National Team to manage – given time hopefully you will be offered a National team to manage, try and get one that augments your scouting knowledge.

I did this as an English manager managing England and Man Utd with one or two English staff on the books still so it should be doable for most of the bigger clubs. I'd guess that you'll need to be a decent club to be able to have the staff numbers (and to afford the aforementioned mutual fees).

My final Man Utd staff (well some of them anyway to give you an idea):

staffh.th.jpg

I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, but one worked for me and i hope it helps someone :).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, resurrecting an old thread. After searching on how to achieve "The Professor", this was the only thread I found! Alas, I had already started my game of FM. However, I believe I have found another way to achieve this. Sign the maximum available amount of scouts, then have them scout an individual country at a time. With a small DB this is easier, as with the more remote countries my scouts seem to return early with no found players. The only thing I am unsure of is whether or not the scouting knowledge remains after a set period - i'll report back here after I find out.

Edit: Also, one scouting mission to say, Hungary, gives full knowledge of that country. So it shouldn't take too long.

@Dan - i tried that aswell, but i found that as they learnt 1 nation they "lost" the previous ones and as such i felt i wasn't really getting anywhere. Plus i'm lazy and didn't really want to micro manage each scouts every nation assignment.

@andy -Yeah, i thought about posting it there instead, but after searching the challenges forum it didn't seem quite the right place for it either.

I'm sure a kind Mod can stick it where they wish.

ah, that didn't sound quite right, but you know what i mean :D.

Archived