what's the earliest you've seen a player declare that he will leave on a bosman?

here i am on the 3rd of september having allowed an experienced centre back's contract to run out in the summer so i can finally start giving some games to my 21 year old 24 million pound signing of two years ago and he announces that he wants to leave on a bosman at the end of the season!

fair enough i only gave him eleven games as a 19 year old in his first season, but second season he went to fiorentina and made 31 starts before i brang him back and pumped him up to first team player. i knew i was going to have to blood this guy early on because there'd be a lot of interest in the summer and he was unhappy, refusing a new deal but to declare he's off on a bosman with 9 months left on his contract is a kick in the teeth!

oh, i'll be trying! i absolutely hate it when a signing flops. spending 24mil on a 19 year old defender is probably not such a great decision but sometimes you just love the look of them so much you just have to buy them!

i'm pretty sure he'll be off though, some good teams were interested in him and i won't be able to hold them off as he isn't a first choice defender and my defensive record has been too good in the league for me to change. let's hope he's happy with bottom 6 teams and cup ties for the next couple of seasons!

Archived