Transfer Budget

Hey guys.

I have a question about the transfer budget. If I e.g. have a budget of 10 000 000£, and bid 20 000 000£ on a player to be paid over a 24 month-period, will my board accept this?

I had a look in the Valencia thread and I don't understand how some can buy players for more money than have. Important to point out is that they didn't sell any players either.

Hey guys.

I have a question about the transfer budget. If I e.g. have a budget of 10 000 000£, and bid 20 000 000£ on a player to be paid over a 24 month-period, will my board accept this?

I had a look in the Valencia thread and I don't understand how some can buy players for more money than have. Important to point out is that they didn't sell any players either.

If you pay in installments then only the amount paid in the first year (i.e. the first 12 installments) comes out of your current year transfer budget.

So yes, if you paid £20m for a player over 24 months, you'd only have to fund 12/24 (or 1/2) of that amount or £10m out of your current years budget.

Similarly if you paid £20m over 48 months, you'd only have to fund 12/48 (or 1/4) of the total which would be only £5m from your current years transfer budget.

If you pay in installments then only the amount paid in the first year (i.e. the first 12 installments) comes out of your current year transfer budget.

So yes, if you paid £20m for a player over 24 months, you'd only have to fund 12/24 (or 1/2) of that amount or £10m out of your current years budget.

Similarly if you paid £20m over 48 months, you'd only have to fund 12/48 (or 1/4) of the total which would be only £5m from your current years transfer budget.

Thanks for clearing that up Coen, I was a bit confused as to how it precisely worked, too.

Archived