AI Teams lack in Sportmanship

Hi

Playing against Almeira last night and my goalkeeper gets injured after kicking the ball upfield, the AI defender collects the ball and plays it to a Almeria midfielder, he advances with the ball and has plenty of time to see that my Goalie is injured, I just wait to see him Kick the ball for a throw in, but to my amazement i tries a long range lob at my goal, WTF! Fortunately it goes wide.

After this i have noticed that whenever a AI player is injured my players kick the ball over the sideline but when my players are injured the AI players often continue to play.

Have you noticed this, the AI teams clearly lack in Sportmanship!

Why should the ref stop the game, unless it is a head injury. Also no player is obliged to put the ball out of play to aid an injured player. It has become accepted in the UK as the norm but does it happen in other nations.

My issue is that my player clear the ball oot but the AI don´t

This happened to me in a game against Kettering for my Dover side but in this case the opposition scored.

My 'keeper comes 1/3 of the way up the field to clear a stray ball, then falls over injured. Meanwhile, play goes on for a full 1.30 minutes of game time until a Kettering player boots it in the net from his own half.

No mention on the commentary of the contemptible lack of sportsmanship from Kettering, instead it praises the downright awesomeness of the goal. Worse still, after the goal, 'keeper gets up from writhing around on the floor like an upside-down turtle, and is not remotely injured. He could at least of shattered his spine or something, that would make it more understandable.

In terms of realism, hmmm, I find it unlikely that most players, regardless of the league, would continue playing for over a minute and a half with a keeper injured near the halfway line. Even Di Canio caught a cross when a keeper was down injured (if i remember rightly). I didn't particularly mind it happening, but it would be good if the commentary or the press conference acknowledged that it was controversial.

This happened to me in a game against Kettering for my Dover side but in this case the opposition scored.

My 'keeper comes 1/3 of the way up the field to clear a stray ball, then falls over injured. Meanwhile, play goes on for a full 1.30 minutes of game time until a Kettering player boots it in the net from his own half.

No mention on the commentary of the contemptible lack of sportsmanship from Kettering, instead it praises the downright awesomeness of the goal. Worse still, after the goal, 'keeper gets up from writhing around on the floor like an upside-down turtle, and is not remotely injured. He could at least of shattered his spine or something, that would make it more understandable.

In terms of realism, hmmm, I find it unlikely that most players, regardless of the league, would continue playing for over a minute and a half with a keeper injured near the halfway line. Even Di Canio caught a cross when a keeper was down injured (if i remember rightly). I didn't particularly mind it happening, but it would be good if the commentary or the press conference acknowledged that it was controversial.

Almost exatly my Scenario part from the Scoring bit, my Keeper just got up and after the missed shot and continued playing, loving the game but that´s just not realistic. And yes it was Di canio who played the ball out with an open goal and a injured goalkeeper.

The fact that your keeper was obviously play acting resulted in the AI acting in this manner!

The fact that your keeper was obviously play acting resulted in the AI acting in this manner!

surely Si would not introduce play acting injuries unless this is part of time wasting command. Then Si do need to exempt goallies of such deeds. questionable whether defenders should play act too if this was play acting.

To be honest injuries situations have been poor for awhile. The game never really coped as the game cant make decisions to cover.

Have a central defender down the game does no understand how to cover injuries even when there on the touchline getting treatment it slightly better in FM2010 as it now dont always concede a goal like earlier versions as they acted if he was on the field leaving huge gaps. At least in FM2010 there is attempt to cover but it still dont drop a player in there as a relief. I know the argument you should do it but really by the time you clicked moved a couple players the said injured player might be back as it takes couple mins game time and the fact the game dont set tactical changes all that quick anyway.

So it should be done by the captian as instantly.

The game should cease imediately on goallie injuries and wait till fit.

Archived