Manager reputation

Can someone explain me how manager reputation works? I mean, I know the levels but it's that I also take a look at the progression of my players and myself in FM Scout.

Because I'm not so happy about my present team as they're so heavily in debt, I wanted to know for what teams I can be considered when I apply for the position. Accroding to FM Scout, I've got a home rep of 1833, current rep of 2124 and world rep of 1737 after two seasons ( got promoted last season). Is there any connection to the club's rep and manager's rep?

If it's already explained in a thread, then it's because I searched but I couldn't find it.

Both the club and your reputation are linked, both will increase if you do well. If you're doing above expectation, higher league clubs will likely offer you a contract sooner or later. If you started with the lowest reputation then win trophies and try to correct the finances of your club.

What do you mean with the lowest reputation? Do you mean lowest manager reputation i.e. "unproven". And by winning trophies, you mean the bigger trophies such as the national cup and national championship?

I'm playing in Sweden and am now in First Division South (it's like football league one but then with two leagues >> second league is First Division North). I'm being noted as a talented manager, got championship and promotion in my second season and I'm now in my third season.

Yeah I was speaking of the reputation you’ve chosen when you created your manager.

From my experience, winning titles in lower rank countries than England reduces the amount of reputation you earn from winning titles. Quite normal as most football fans around the world are capable of giving the name of the English champion, but few are able to do so with the Bulgarian champion.

I don’t have enough experience with moving sides in lower leagues so I can’t tell you exactly who will want to offer you a job. But you will probably struggle to improve your reputation as fast as if you were playing in the Premiership.

As I’ve started as an international player I can’t really help you by checking my current rep with FMRTE. Continue winning major titles in Sweden and do well in continental competition and maybe an English side will offer you a contract. Otherwise it’s likely that you’ll get bored by the game because (despite being successful in Sweden for 10 years) you won’t really be able to do something without cheating because league reputations are static. So to continue the game at the highest level you’ll probably have to manage an English side at some point.

Yeah I was speaking of the reputation you’ve chosen when you created your manager.

From my experience, winning titles in lower rank countries than England reduces the amount of reputation you earn from winning titles. Quite normal as most football fans around the world are capable of giving the name of the English champion, but few are able to do so with the Bulgarian champion.

I don’t have enough experience with moving sides in lower leagues so I can’t tell you exactly who will want to offer you a job. But you will probably struggle to improve your reputation as fast as if you were playing in the Premiership.

As I’ve started as an international player I can’t really help you by checking my current rep with FMRTE. Continue winning major titles in Sweden and do well in continental competition and maybe an English side will offer you a contract. Otherwise it’s likely that you’ll get bored by the game because (despite being successful in Sweden for 10 years) you won’t really be able to do something without cheating because league reputations are static. So to continue the game at the highest level you’ll probably have to manage an English side at some point.

What I would like is to get a job at a higher ranked team in Sweden, do well there and get a job with one of their top teams, win the championship, the cup and do well in Europe and then go to another country and work my way up again in a better country (England, Italy, Spain, Germany) from like a relegation candidate to a top club or immediately get a job at a nation's top club of one of the lower rep nations.

I'm in jan 2012, the last champion was Elfsborg and the promoted is Assyriska, I checked the rep of their manager with FMRTE:

Magnus Haglund - Elfsborg

Home: 7974

Curr: 7786

World: 4015

Jan Stahre - Assyriska

Home: 4571

Curr: 4561

World: 2611

I didn't checked all the rep of all managers in the Swedish Premier but if you reach a reputation in the above bounds, you will probably get an offer sooner or later.

I'm in jan 2012, the last champion was Elfsborg and the promoted is Assyriska, I checked the rep of their manager with FMRTE:

Magnus Haglund - Elfsborg

Home: 7974

Curr: 7786

World: 4015

Jan Stahre - Assyriska

Home: 4571

Curr: 4561

World: 2611

I didn't checked all the rep of all managers in the Swedish Premier but if you reach a reputation in the above bounds, you will probably get an offer sooner or later.

Thanks, I'll use that as a reference. :thup:

Archived