Memory bug!

Is there a thread about the memory bug and how to minimise how often it crashes.

If im in a game and click on tactics then 50% of the time it will crash which is stupid. Also on my network game if i join their game to watch it will crash.

Its not my systems fault as I have just spent over a grand on it.

Thanks,

I got vista SP2 64 bit running smooth as (not going windows 7 until at least SP1 or even SP2), real keen optimiser, I turn off all that rubbish. My OC i7 920 rig is running nearly 40 leagues and is as cool as a cucumber and quickly. No crashes also, its all groovy baby!

No ingame editors.

Im on win 7 64 bit. i5 4 gb RAM and everything runs fien except for the crashes.

How are the i5s? I heard they are pretty good for gaming rigs as the i7 can run hot without LC (which i have), I have 6 gigs of 1600 RAM which is perfect ATM and I am using a SSD. Its a pity about the crashes, steam file validation cures all... its always my first port of call and probably yours too!

It is the only gripe I have with my i7, the temperature it could run at if I let it get out of hand, I am almost needed to replace my fans but its worth it for the roaring power I get when running hungry programs! It has saved me hours in editing time for many things. I do hope you sort your crashing issue and continue to enjoy your i5, I would have bought one if it was out when I needed a new PC. My old one died about 5 months before the i7 came out :(

the new corsair H50 CPU water cooler may be wat u need. its great.

I said I have LC, it keeps me idle under 45 and load under 55. I not got that one, just a cheapie but it sure does work! The fans wearing out are on the radiator and they are cheapies tbh, I wont skimp on them again!

Archived