Recruiting Coaches and Scouts

Given the choice between choosing ....

a) a coach or scout that has responded to a job advert or

b) an unemployed coach or scout....

which would you go for, assuming their attributes were similar?

Is there any difference, apart from not having to pay a transfer/compensation fee?

I have always avoided unemployed ones for the reason that if they are unemployed they must be useless (maybe limited by a hidden attribute or not knowing their PA)....should I ignore this and just make my decision based on the attributes I can see?

Look at their stats and see if they have what you need for the job you need done. So if you need someone to find good young players with high PA, you'll need a scout with high stats for 'working with youngsters' and 'JPA'. But if you need a 1st team coach, 'working with youngsters' should be the last thing you look at.

It depends. Sometimes an unemployed coach or scout is interested in joining your staff because of the reputation of the club. I've had a few coaches/scouts that had a reputation of world class that were interested. At the time, there were clubs poaching coaches and scouts from me and so I needed to replace them quickly. I paid nothing to employee them - so if they sign for another club during their contract then I will gain the advantage by receiving compensation.

It's totally up to you and the situation you're in, but in my opinion they are no different.

Archived