My players have secret love affairs

It's a known fact that manipulating the media a bit here and there is a good thing, especially if you're looking to lure a good player to your club, or groom a hot prospect.

It's no secret that other clubs are doing it, either. OR IS IT?

Comments about how good my player is and so on usually appear from other managers in earlier games, but this year there's this weird mechanic, i think other managers are sending my players love letters. I picked up a young saudi-arabian defender a couple seasons back and he developed into a tank. Back then his favoured personell was only his native club's youth coach. Later, he added the Saudi arabian national manager. Then me, of course, and a couple of his teammates. One year he was on loan at another club, and added a team mate from there.

I check his profile for the first time in a while, as suddenly he is attracting a lot of interest. I have seen very few, if any, praise-media items from other managers. BUT STILL, now, i suddenly find that he also lists the manager of Villareal, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, and West Ham. Seriously, what the ****?

Is this done on purpose?

I always liked how it took some time to earn your players' trust and all, and of course it's cool that other managers "court" your players, but this is stupid, almost insulting!

Oh, and the saudi arabian is just an example. This happens regularly without my knowing. A lot of my players, of course the ones that tend to be wanted, develop very good relationships with all sorts of managers, and it's behind my back.

Archived