Tactics for players or players for tactics

I was in the pub the other day with my mate discussing our annual network game, and we got on to the topic of tactics and players. It slowly turned into a heated debate, and I would like to see what community thinks and who they would agree with.

My mate was saying that in the game he'll spend 6ish months finding the right tactics to fit the players that are currently at the club and go for pretty instance success. I on the other hand have 2 or 3 tactics that I know work very well and I employ them at ever club I'm at, and buy/loan the players to fit my tactics over 1-2 seasons.

So basically tactics for players or players for tactics, help me settle this arguement.

Depends on transfer budget? I tend to mix up both theories. In my current save with Villa in the first season (No budgets allowed in 1st window) I had to go with tactics to fit players which won me the FA Cup and got to the final of the Europa League, I finished 8th in the league which met expectations. But in my second season where I had a fairly hefty budget I improved the squad and built a tactic around my players. Which has seen me challenge for the league.

So to sum up, whatever works for certain individuals is the best way.

I was in the pub the other day with my mate discussing our annual network game, and we got on to the topic of tactics and players. It slowly turned into a heated debate, and I would like to see what community thinks and who they would agree with.

My mate was saying that in the game he'll spend 6ish months finding the right tactics to fit the players that are currently at the club and go for pretty instance success. I on the other hand have 2 or 3 tactics that I know work very well and I employ them at ever club I'm at, and buy/loan the players to fit my tactics over 1-2 seasons.

So basically tactics for players or players for tactics, help me settle this arguement.

normally start off finding tactics that will suit players currently at the club but might sign one or two players that allow me some flexibility to chop and change a bit to begin with find the younger players who will be key to my squad bring in promising or cheap quality players and then come up with a tactic to suit them.

otherwise dont you just end up buying the same players or hoping you come across younger players that are virtualy clones of your players like knowing if im coming up against a team that plays narrow i have players that are good on the wing or wing backs that are good and solid in defence so if i want to hold onto a game i can reign them in.

Archived