My edited database never works on the game

HazzaTheGull

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leinad:

Depneds on whether you did save your changes or whether you did make any changes. Might also depend on what kind of changes you made.

You need to provide more information. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It what possible way are you being of any help with that answer? That's just like saying 'oh well it could rain, or snow, or be sunny or possibly all three'. I hope that soon people on these boards will just admit that they don't know the answer to the database problem.

Hi Hazza,

You need to tell us exactly what you are doing, mate, so we can pin point where you're going wrong.

Also, you need to tell us what results you are expecting to see. IE You moved Barry Ferguson to Celtic for a laugh, but he's still in the Rangers team when you load the database. Don't go into every detail, just give us an example.

@Jesusman: I don't see anything wrong with Leinad's post. The editor is a powerful tool, there are loads of things people can do to mess up their game. I ask you, in what possible way are you contributing to this thread? Let's try and keep it on topic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jesusman:

It what possible way are you being of any help with that answer? That's just like saying 'oh well it could rain, or snow, or be sunny or possibly all three'. I hope that soon people on these boards will just admit that they don't know the answer to the database problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to fix that grammar of yours because I almost couldn't even understand what you were trying to say.

@Hazza, I guess you don't need our help anymore since you have not replied in over a month now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tha Real behanger:

Do you mean when you save a new database, and you want tho start a new game he doesnt appear in the list of fm? If so you have to save him to the folder where the original databases of fm stand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong answer. When you save a new database, it puts it into the db folder on My Documents. C:\...My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\db

There is no need to save it to the right folder because it will put it into the right folder by default.

If it does not appear on your list of databases, then it is obviously corrupted.

Archived