Lack of managerial discipline

This is normally a result of a red card in a previous match.

If you don't warn/fine the player in question then this can be a result.

This.

What the game "expects" as normal behaviour is a warning for 2 yellow cards sending off and 1 week fine for a straight red. Sometimes 2 weeks for a particularly violent sending off or repeated sending off, but this can be risky.

I gave a warning to De Rossi last season for a straight red then after his suspension he did a worse foul and again another straight red so fined him 2 weeks wages and it caused uproar within the squad. I then done a press conferance and held my ground and publicly stated that i was far from happy with the lack of discipline and made it crystal clear that im the boss and gradually the players were publicly coming out and stating they appologised about there outbursts against me and they wont do it again. For some reason i started appearing on all there favoured personnel and i no longer have any problems regarding lack of discipline. Moral of story is be hard when needed and dont back down. That goes with players wanting to move and players wanting to play first team football. Your the manager so if u want them to play they play if u dont they dont. If they want to leave shove em on the list and drop em down to the reserves. They usually come out in a few weeks and appologise.

Archived