How long does a season take?

Guest Jaymondo

Guest Jaymondo

Hi,Thinking of buying this game so I came to check out the forums...im reading loads of stuff about "im in season 18" "after 25 seasons" and so on...how long on average does it take to do a season?

Also, what is the game generally like? i played the last champ man on psp and it was bad...

thanks guys

Guest Jaymondo

Hi,Thinking of buying this game so I came to check out the forums...im reading loads of stuff about "im in season 18" "after 25 seasons" and so on...how long on average does it take to do a season?

Also, what is the game generally like? i played the last champ man on psp and it was bad...

thanks guys

How long does a season take is a bit like how long is a piece of string. It depends how you play the game.

Seems like some people here can play one in 4-8 hours, so I assume those guys buy a few players and then let their assistant manager run the whole season or something.

I just finished my first season after one month, perhaps 40 hours of play. I like to scout the opposition (just looking at their squad and the usually inaccurate 'next opposition' tactics screen)... make changes during a match depending how it's going... alter training from time to time... look at the results and tables in the other divisions... look around for players whose contracts are expiring so might be able to be signed on a Bosman... etc etc.

I agree with Lowlife 70...it takes me way more than 4-8 hours to play a season. I've never actually figured it out exactly though.

I like to enjoy all the features of the game instead of just blazing through it just to say I'm in my 17th season after only 1 week of playing the game. For the life of me, I can't imagine how one could play the game that quickly with any level of success, especially in the first few seasons when you are building the club up.

Archived