Player Ineligible to Play.

Okay maybe this is all my fault, and I didn't check closely enough.

I've signed a player in January from Valencia C.F., S.A.D. but he is Ineligible to play for my club until next season as he played for Valencia C.F. Mestella which is reserve team. So he is counted as having played for three different clubs, is that how it works in real life for Spanish clubs?

playinghistory.jpg

As I'm not running the Spanish League low enough I can't even see when he played for the reserve team. So it may be that he played reserve games after I had signed him, but before he joined me in the January window :mad:.

B-teams in Spain have their own player registrations. They're a bit of an odd mix between reserve teams and independent clubs. I would suspect that playing for both Valencia and Mestalla would count under UEFA rules as two separate clubs, so Norwich would be his third. At least that's my interpretation.

I guessed that but surely this isn't why the two clubs rule was introduced? Valencia C.F. Mestella are still technically the same club as Valencia C.F., S.A.D. even if the lines are blurred in Spain by them playing in a competitive league. I would of thought that UEFA would of counted them as one entity, but that is using some commonsense ;).

According to the rules in game, players are registered between 30 June and 31 August, and 1 December to 31 January. So they could potentially have changed the players registration after I have "bought" the player, preventing me from playing the player for the rest of the season. The rules also allow "The squad must have no more then 6 players who have been registered for a different team", so players can be register for the "B" squad and still play for the "A" squad? I haven't played in Spain enough to fully understand the league rules, and their registration system.

Archived