Comensation for an out going player that is under 24

I am going to lose 1 of my players soon because he wants to move to a bigger club and there are a lot of clubs chasing him. To make sure I get my compensation do I offer a contract when the first team offers him a contract. What decides how much I will get?

If he is under 24 you should get compensation whether you offer him a cotract or not, it is compensation for developing the player. How much you get depend mainly on his CA/PA stats as far as I can see, from signing a lot of youths in FM09 on frees. It should also depend on how long the player has been at the club i.e. how much developing he did (as it's a FIFA rule), but I'm not sure if that is the case in-game as I never checked that aspect. Hope this helps.

P.S. you will get £x upfront about £2x after internationals and club games and usually between 25-35% of profit on future sale (unless SI have changed the coding in the game from 09 to10). The easiest way to check is save the game, create a new manager at a big club, and offer a contract to the player, it should say on the offer screen "compensation will be £x initially, potentially rising to £y(the final full amount)". The only thing you'll miss is the future sell on fee.

Archived