Path problems - please help!

Hello

I have just downloaded the patch for FM2010 and have run the file. A screen loads up with an 'update' button, which I press to update the game from 10.0 to version 10.1. It states that there are (approx) 847 files which will be updated and it all goes fine until 428 when, to cut it short, a dialogue box pops up which states that there has been a data violation error and after clicking 'ok' (this is the only option) the update stops. I tried updating again, and the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting quite frustrated as all I want to do is play the game but want to update to 10.1 prior to doing so!

The patch I downloaded was the one which I accessed as follows and when clicking on it was titled '406':

in game I clicked 'look for updates';

when this loaded the internet page said that there was a new version but it is currently unavailable for download, but I looked on the right hand side panel and clicked on a link which stated fm2010 patch 1;

on this next page I downloaded the patch which when asked to save was titled '406'.

Any help really appreciated! Thank you very much!

Simon

If you activated your game through Steam, you dont need the patch as it is already in the Steam activation. If you have the disc and installed it normally, delete the patch you have, download it again from the thread 4 down from the top of this forum. Download it to the desktop, right click and click on rename- add .exe to the end of the file name if it doesnt have it ( ignore this if it does ). Close the game, click on the patch icon and it will self install. There were no database changes so the database is till 10.0 but the game status should be 10.1 if patched correctly.

Archived