Too Many Penalties Conceded from Set Pieces

Is it just me or are far too many of the penalties in the game given for pathetically soft reasons. I don't play overly aggressively in terms of pressing or tackling but I seem to concede a lot of penalties. It's probably more than is realistic, but that's not my problem. My problem is how they are concede. If the opposition is on the counter and the man is brought down than I don't mind, it's part of the game. But the majority of them are conceded from throws, corners and free kicks. I'd place the number at about 70%. Yes, throws, corners and free kicks. It's ridiculous. Things like shirt holds etc. Almost none of them, at least in terms of the ME, are fouls which are made to prevent a genuine goal scoring chance. They are just fouls that really only serve to have a penalty given against you.

To be fair, I am awarded a few penalties like this too. They are nowhere near as helpful as the ones I concede are hurtful though.

As I said, I wouldn't mind if the penalties were conceded whilst trying to stop a genuine chance, but it's just not the case. Am I alone here? Or is everyone else conceding too many set piece penalties?

I play something in between 4-4-2 and 4-2-4 both my strikers are set to stay up at defensive set pieces, but one of my striker often goes back into my own box and makes a penalty. Don't know why he goes back there in the first place. But the player is Bernt " Mr. Elbow" Hulsker so I guess him making a foul is realistic.

IRL this player often use his elbows in duels and have left many opponments bloody on the ground.

• 8 years later...

FM 18 now.

So it's FM 18 already now... but I'm wondering if any of you are having the same issue as me....

TOO MANY PENALTIES CONCEDED FROM SET PIECES...???

So there's a free kick to the opposition, the freekick taker kicks the ball to the box... and boom... penalty conceded by my team for a "shove" to the opposition player...

Now, i'm not talking about once a season... im talking about two such penalties given in a single game... same thing, freekick and penalty...

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Archived