Long Shots

Evening all,

Bit anoying but why is it, that when I set all my attacking players to "rarely" on long shots, they are shooting from about 25-30 yards at all types of stupid angel's. Has anyone else encountered this or is there some way I can correct it?

Thank you in advance.

Evening all,

Bit anoying but why is it, that when I set all my attacking players to "rarely" on long shots, they are shooting from about 25-30 yards at all types of stupid angel's. Has anyone else encountered this or is there some way I can correct it?

Thank you in advance.

Check their creative freedom level. It may be set too high which is why they "ignore" your instructions. Another possibility is that they cannot find outlets to pass to for whatever reason when attacking and hence resort to long shots at goal.

Abit strange that so many of your players are doing it. Usually people have a problem with 1 or 2 players rather than half the team.

I wouldn't mind that so much since Torres has been doing much worse.

He keeps on running towards the corner flag (crosses or shoots) when he could've easily run towards the goal for a one on one.

Strangely enough I notice that players tend to shoot long when they are frustrated at not getting space in attack. Might be worth while trying a few shouts or changing tactics to open them up a bit.

As far as torres goes - what's his morale like? and again could be a tactical change needed

Strangely enough I notice that players tend to shoot long when they are frustrated at not getting space in attack. Might be worth while trying a few shouts or changing tactics to open them up a bit.

As far as torres goes - what's his morale like? and again could be a tactical change needed

Nah it's not a tactical thing nor is it moral related.

He runs through on goal most of the time, but every now and then he decides, well I don't know, the chance is too easy for a player of his calibre so he pulls wide to tighten up the angle or something. Under no pressure whatsoever too.

Archived