Player subscriptions and bids - bad design choice?

If I add a player to my shortlist, I automatically subscribe to news about transfers for that particular player. If someone bids for him, I get a news item about that, correct?

I think this is a bit of a bad design choice compared to how it used to be. The urgent transfer news has a tendency to drown among all the other news items, especially since it doesn't seem to be possible to filter news by type. I would very much prefer to get the information about the bid in my INBOX instead, like in FM09, so I have a chance to take action before another club buys a player from right under my nose.

The news about players on my shortlist is more important than "regular" news, and there should be a way for the game to emphasize this.

If I add a player to my shortlist, I automatically subscribe to news about transfers for that particular player. If someone bids for him, I get a news item about that, correct?

I think this is a bit of a bad design choice compared to how it used to be. The urgent transfer news has a tendency to drown among all the other news items, especially since it doesn't seem to be possible to filter news by type. I would very much prefer to get the information about the bid in my INBOX instead, like in FM09, so I have a chance to take action before another club buys a player from right under my nose.

The news about players on my shortlist is more important than "regular" news, and there should be a way for the game to emphasize this.

I must admitt I have missed a few transfers, but i guess that was my fault, but maybe they should come in the inbox but I do like the news item. Is it just me but it seems that when I subscribe to a player, I will go back to him in a few weeks time and he will not be subscribed, i.e. it did not work. :)

I must admitt I have missed a few transfers, but i guess that was my fault, but maybe they should come in the inbox but I do like the news item. Is it just me but it seems that when I subscribe to a player, I will go back to him in a few weeks time and he will not be subscribed, i.e. it did not work. :)

Yeah, I think there's a known issue with subscriptions disappearing, but that's a separate issue and will probably be fixed in the next patch.

The problem I'm talking about, though, seems to be a deliberate design choice - so I'm eager to hear why it is like it is.

Archived