Board confidence with Man Utd

So, I selected my reputation as an International star player, managed Manchester United, won everything in the first season. The board was delighted with my achievements. Then at the beginning of the second season in July, the board became pleased with my achievements. Why is this so? Anyone experienced the same issue? The same thing happened in FM 2009 and FM 2008. I really do not understand this!

its cause all competitions etc reset each year

so for example 'minimum expectation is to win the FA Cup' as you havent won it yet they are not delighted with your performance and so on for every comp you are in.

It wont effect your game in anyway as long as you meet the expectations each year it will be fine

The competition confidence will reset each new season, which if you think about it is pretty logical. There IS a degree of continuity in confidence though. If you had (a) great previous season(s), your club stature confidence will be higher. There are a few others as well that aren't necessarily linked to success such as financial control and squad harmony. All of these will ensure that previous positives are remembered in some fashion, but it's only normal that at the start of a new season the board don't like to dwell on past successes and are sobered up a bit. Nothing to worry about.

Archived