"Quit being a putz in the box" option

Where is this option, and where can I enable it? Because it's really annoying seeing a ball go loose in the 6 yard box during, say, a corner kick, and all of my players just stand around with their thumbs up their asses.

Or when I have a striker get away, shot at the keeper, gets deflected to the side... instead of chasing after it he pulls off for no reason.

So how can I disable this "being really stupid about balls in the box" option? Because I assume it must be an option that I've missed somewhere, surely SI Games wouldn't program people to be really, REALLY dumb about balls in the 6 yard box, right?

Actually I would consider this to be the limitation of player animation. If, in your second case, you see the striker faltering or losing balance after the shot (not uncommon in real life) thus unable to react, I'm sure it would be much more acceptable. During corner kicks/free kicks and in general there should be more animations of players tugging and shoving each other instead of just standing there.

But if these situations happen every time, then that should be a problem.

Actually I would consider this to be the limitation of player animation. If, in your second case, you see the striker faltering or losing balance after the shot (not uncommon in real life) thus unable to react, I'm sure it would be much more acceptable. During corner kicks/free kicks and in general there should be more animations of players tugging and shoving each other instead of just standing there.

But if these situations happen every time, then that should be a problem.

It's not just the player animation, it's that they don't even begin to make an effort to go after the ball, or when they do, it'll be some really bizarre player when there are like, three better choices. Like I'll have a group of guys in the box for a corner kick, somehow it ends up on the ground inside of the penalty area, and instead of either of the CBs (who are right there) or my target man striker, for some reason they'll all just sort of stand around while my winger comes up to get it.

And then gets beaten to it because he's 15 yards away and one of their CBs can get to it easily.

Well, it's not even that they're just unskilled, it's that this happens pretty frequently and there is no reason - hell, even when I was a 9 year old kid playing I'd have gone after that ball. There's no reason why these HIGHLY PAID PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS are just gonna go "oh, the other guy who's 20 feet away is gonna get this" *stands around with thumb up butt, wonders why they get scored on*.

Archived