Having problems with working the patch...

Hi, i installed fm2010 last night and downloaded the patch and saved it to my desktop afterwards. Once the patch was downloaded i right clicked on it and chose open with, then chose football manager 2010 thinking that this was correct. But now when i click on the patch on my desktop it just runs fm2010 without the patch!

ive downloaded the patch again but im having the same problem, i know ive caused the problem by opening the patch file with fm2010 but i cant get it working, does anyone have any ideas? im going a bit mad!

Right click on the patch you downloaded and choose rename from the menu then add .exe to the end of the patch name. Now click on the renamed patch and it should run ok.

Remember though that if your using steam you dont need to download the patch yourself as its done automatically and doing it yourself will cause problems.

Right click on the patch you downloaded and choose rename from the menu then add .exe to the end of the patch name. Now click on the renamed patch and it should run ok.

Remember though that if your using steam you dont need to download the patch yourself as its done automatically and doing it yourself will cause problems.

ive done this but it still just starts fm2010 without the patch, i think ive changed the way the patch is opened but i cant change it back

ive done this aswell but i think ive changed the default setting for files like the patch so each time i download it i get the same problem

Right click the patch you downloaded then select open with to see if anything is ticked if it is untick it.

Archived