Are you able to save updates to tactics during a match?

Um - yeah, here's what's happening.

When you make tactical changes mid-week, the game figures that the current tactic you have is the one you want to start a match with. In other words, it updates your default tactic.

If you make tactical changes in the pre-game sequence, it figures those changes were made in response to the specific opponent. If you make tactical changes mid-game, it figures those changes were made in response to the tactical situation of the match. Either way, when the match ends, FM reverts to your default tactic, the tactic you started the match with.

When you "Save" a tactic, it updates what happens when you "Load" that tactic, by the same name .. but it doesn't automatically make it your default tactic.

(This makes sense: what if I start in a 4-4-2, but wind up trailing mid-match and building, on the fly, some kind of all-out-attacking formation ... I may want to save that for the next time I need an all-out attack formation, but its certainly not what I'd want to start my next match with!)

So, all you need to do is, "Load" your newly saved tactic anytime after that match ends and before the next one begins .. it should now become your default tactic.

Archived