Continue Game Bugs Me

CRT

Lovin the game so far but one issue that erks me is when I click Continue Game it will sometimes skip 3-4 days thus my plans to put a specific training plan into place leading up to a big game gets foiled. Is there somewhere that I can set how many days maximum the game continues on click of the 'continue button'?

I think you can click the browse button in the window that pops up to stop the simulation of matches and also it might have something to do with the processing fixtures option in the preferences menu but im not 100% positive on that one.

Yes. How long it takes depends on the speed you chose in Options: "Faster (less responsive)", obviously, means it will ignore you for longer whilst processing stuff.

In previous versions - I haven't tested this in FM'10 - setting up a "Note" with a "Reminder" for a specific date would break Continue on that date.

Clearly, "Go On Holiday" lets you pick a specific date to return on.

Also, from T&TT's observations about training, training is discrete on a one-week-basis. In other words, if you're setting training on Friday with an eye to a Saturday match, you're wasting your time. What you want is to have set up that training schedule on Sunday, so its in place all week leading up to your Saturday match.

. .

Personally, I loved PureSim Baseball's "Continue Until" mechanic, which allowed you to pick the date to "break Continue" on - with a calendar, just like "Go On Holiday". This made it, essentially, "Continue until something interesting happens, or we reach this date, whichever comes first."

Archived