New game - Computer Performance and Estimated Game Speed

The first time i loaded the game after installation, my computer performance was 2 and a half *s, and with Top English Italian and Spanish Leagues selected as playable i had an Estimated Game Speed of **** on a small database....

so after i had a play around, i quit the game, went to bed, and woke the next morning to get cracking on my first "proper game"

Now... i have a Computer Performance rating of * (1 star) and with the selections above for setup i have an estimated game speed of ** (2 stars)

How is this possible? has anybody else experienced this?

Oh ok - good. I flew into a rage this morning thinking that i would have a painfully slow game speed when the night before it all looked very promising!

What is the advice being given? Just ignore it completely, or is there a fix?

Thanks for your help.

I had 2 gold stars (with 5 grey stars behind) when I set up with only 1 country. I finally set up with 4 (Italy, Spain, France and England) and I have 0 gold stars. I can still run on high.

I have chosen to run on low as it is perfectly smooth on this. Overall game speed is great.

Parky, according to the SI press releases, overall simulation speed should be similar to, even improved from, FM'08 and FM'09. So if you had a config that worked for a save-game on either of those versions, I'd say run a similar config for your first "proper" save on FM'10.

Basically, I'm finding my past experiences a much better guide than the star system.

Archived