STEAM install not launching

I get a message that says 'preparing to launch football manager 2010' that lasts for a second or two and then.... nothing happens.

Have installed / deleted reinstalled. Have verified cache etc.

Money paid and taken. Used SI preferred mechanism 'Steam' but don't have a working game.

SI this is embarrassing for you. Well it should be.

Any clues folks?

Glenn

I too had this and realised that it was DIRECTX and I had to re-install from www.microsoft.com website and reboot the PC for it to work. I have also read that it could .net framework needed to be installed.

Also don't do what i have just done! Inbstall Fm2010 by Steam and install the patch via the website www.footballmanager.com as it will error message asking for the Fm2010 disk??? Which I obviously do not have. Just uninstalling FM2010 and installing again will check and see fi Steven Carr is missing then will know I have the latest version.

• SI Staff

Hi Guys, sorry you're experiencing issues when running through Steam.

Can you try updating Directx :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Download the web installer "dxwebsetup.exe" and run it, and update all files.

Then try running FM2010 again.

Never had the demo installed.

I am currently throwing the kitchen sink at this, Windows update-wise, to try and fix it.

EDIT: Right, I'll try that.

Once again, this isn't acceptable. 2 years is a row SI... what are you playing at? Get someone dedicated to making the game as simple as possible to install, working year-round to make the process 100% fool-proof - it needs to be as you attract a lot of non-game playing football fans.

Sort it out.

There is no one quick fix that works for everybody.

However I can STRONGLY recommend: delete local files. (uninstall fm). uninstall steam. reboot. install direct x drivers form link above. reboot. install steam. install fm.

This has worked and I am now playing.

Good luck one and all.

I've got it working. Re-installed from Steam, updated DirectX, verified the cache, and updated my .NET framework - all done simultaneously I'm afraid so I can't tell you which one solved the issue on its own.

Two hours from first installation attempt to getting the New Game button. I work with PC's all day, every day.

@thedaveeyres - Can you try updating Directx :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Download the web installer "dxwebsetup.exe" and run it, and update all files.

Then try running FM2010 again.

This worked for me thanks. Although I am slightly dissapointed that this has happened again. After what happened last year. But its working now and Im sure that the new game wont dissapoint.

Archived