On the right track?

Just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything I need to before the EPL starts (as Chelsea)

-Spent all of my money on players in Jan 09 (no point in saving right?) Got high quality backups for every position.

-Setting training, tutoring, reserve squads, etc. Signing coaches/scouts I need

-Arranging friendlies every 2 weeks or so all the way up until about 2 weeks before first game.

Anything else I need to do?

I'd have them more than every 2 weeks. Pre-season, I have at least 2 a week. Normally against lower opposition though, to build fitness and morale.

The rest sounds about right. Remember that the transfer ban doesn't start until after the summer transfer window.

By the way, are you using the American start date or something? To make it start in January instead of the normal English July?

I'd have them more than every 2 weeks. Pre-season, I have at least 2 a week. Normally against lower opposition though, to build fitness and morale.

The rest sounds about right. Remember that the transfer ban doesn't start until after the summer transfer window.

By the way, are you using the American start date or something? To make it start in January instead of the normal English July?

I'll arrange more friendlies, and to be honest I didn't notice. I just started playing the game and after making my transfers I realized I had like 8 months until my first match and no friendlies arranged (was used to demo arranging them for me and starting relatively close to when the season started) and it was March already. If I recall correctly, when I started the game the date was January 1, 2009.

EDIT: When I went to restart a new game - the date was July 2008. Yet on my current game, it says I took over in January 2009. Odd..

Archived