Football Mangaer 09 works but not FM10

Everytime I go to watch a match this comes up "XML parsing error not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 camera.xml." and then just quits. Can somebody please help me or explain, this never happened in FM09 and I haven't changed computer so can't understand why FM10does not work.

Quit the game

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

IN XP: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

IN VISTA: Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Organize' then 'Folder and Search Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

5. Delete the 'settings' Folder found inside here.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Go to the “Football Manager 2010” Folder.

6. Delete the 'settings' Folder found inside here.

I cannot find the settings folder: db, editor data, games, matches, skins, sounds and tactics are all there but no settings.

I'm not on Vista so that's a cut and paste job but your list of folders suggests you are not looking in the right place as these are the User folders (db, tactics, etc.) usually stored in My Documents (or whatever the Vista equivalent is).

Use the VISTA search function to find camera.xml which should lead you to the settings folder

Archived