FM Demos suggestion for future versions

• Administrators

So the FM demo is out. And I really think that despite the odd bug I've already noticed in the game, its looking to be the best FM version since CM9798 (my personal favourite), especially with regards to the ease of the tactics creator.

My suggestion though, is taking in consideration potential piracy issues.

Now we all know that piracy is hard, if not impossible to prevent. And as seen and noted with previous versions - we have seen what has happened. I'm not going into a discussion on FM piracy because its against the forum rules. But speaking in general terms, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Luckily, those who really care about the game, us users on here, buy it anyway so its not an issue among us. But any step to be taken to prevent it as much as possible would be great.

What I suggest, is that for future FM versions, SI release what would essentially be a 'second game' - in other words, its a separate exe, with a failsafe to end on January 1st of that season whatever happened (like CM2 games expired after 40 seasons).

The demo, would not use existing databases but SI's generated fake players one, with a created league system and fake teams to show what the game is like. There could be an 'international' version too for players to try out international management, perhaps with a continental cup or "World Cup" version, where you choose your side and play through a tournament, pick your players and have a go.

This way, when the game comes out, the exe/app file that comes with it is the actual game, and it would prevent the obvious piracy issues.

The upside, from a gaming perspective is that it will introduce the players to using generated databases and highlight the 'upside' to it - the sides of the games that current players can't use, etc. And it gives them a demonstration of how the game works.

Obviously it prevents players from going on with continuing the game at full release, the demo version could at least provide a quick season in those 6 months of game time, so players can feel like they have achieved something.

Most players anyway, I would think, would want to make use of the extra leagues and maybe the editor in future versions anyway so I think there is much to gain.

What do you guys think? Is it something that has been thought about by SI?

Archived