New features/thoughts for the future...

I've wrote this on another forum but i thought i get the opinion of the masses, feel free to rip my ideas apart im open to changes and discussion or even if im wrong on certain things that may already been in game. Also this was written for another forum and there was some swear words but i think i took them out \o/.

1. Opposition instructions to be saved... I use them for every game i have set instructions for certain positions and it would make my life so much easier, plus i would actually be able to get on with playing instead of spending 1-2 minutes on setting them for every game im playing.

2. Some more variety in news i simply don't read the news because its just not interesting the same text splurged out every day of every week, i mean come on its a game built on stats and game calculations. They have started to do it with X hasn't scored in 10 hours but thats so repetitive is boring specially when its not even a striker its a bloody defensive midfield player. I know you can go to a player and look at their stats but i want to be told interesting ones that may make you think twice about playing that player such as "X hasn't scored against Arsenal in his past 4 meetings" or "X has conceded in every single game he has played against Stoke" but i think you get what im saying.

3. I know this is a new feature but simply something that's been lacking for a few games now is the ability to get news on jobs that become available instead of clicking the the job security every 5 minutes.

4. For the love of god when are they going to do this... A players history you get to see their stats, Appearances, goals scored but why on earth does it only show LEAGUE STATS it frustrates me so much i want to see their career stats this consist of more than f**king league games for christ sake i dont expect them to put non competitive in but at least have a filter so you can choose what you want to see when you click history, they have it everywhere else in the bloody game. I realise that if you click the year then you get all stats but i dont want it presented that way.

5. Make the game more interactive, have something like XBOX have with there games (gamerpoints i think its called), so if you reach certain milestones complete challenges you get a little pop up telling you.. could just make things a bit more fun even have like losing so many in a row call it "Death Row" and get points added for completing them, helps you compare peoples games, who is a better manager and stuff. This is a different idea and not one that would be welcomed by everyone but non the less something different that could move the game on.

6. Graphically i'd say make it easier to change. Surely they can make a tool that changes the colour of stuff little drop down menu or something. Just makes your game a bit more specific to you. Also i would like to be able to change the tactics board as its ugly as fuu.. and mines better ^_^

7. Personally for me changing press conferences being so often would be a step forward.. i dont need one every week, when important things happen this also gives SI more time to make up newer and better questions.

8. Stop fans thinking that the youth player you just signed is crap because he hasn't played.. he's 12 for christ sake.

9. More interaction with fans... Fan days was an attempt but just a token gesture.

10. Finances

Now IRL i doubt managers really get that much say in what goes on financially so we either scrap it or (New feature) have the ability much like employing coaches we employ a financial advisor, the better financial advisor you have the more likely you are to make money.. simple. IRL clubs have them so why not in FM ok its a whole new catagory but is it really that hard to add 5,6 or 7 thousand random names into FM with randomly generated stats... they do it with players..

Alternately

More in depth, for me there should never be a category in the finances thats says OTHER and im losing £1m a month from it i need to know what it is to stop it. Things like getting a say in the ticket prices i know in real life maybe a manger wouldn't but its something that in game is important to you as a manger as it makes up a lot of the money you get to spend on players as is true IRL. Also i'd love SI to sort out why at every team i go to the match day income is always less than match day expenditure.. why? are we giving gold rolex's away at half time or something?? i want to be able to change it.

OK a bit Fifa'ish but why cant i spend the money i earn? not necessarily on cars ect but wages if a team is struggling one month or to buy a player... but obviously this needs to be controlled dont want someone with £20m career earnings turning up in the conference and buying their way out.

I'd like in this more in depth approach to have the opportunity to help make decisions on advertising things like that what i thinks best for the club, maybe something that you dont get access to straight away but in time have gained trust from your chairman he seeks your opinion on matters that leads me into my next point.

11. There is some interaction with the chairman but not much, board room and confidence features are OK but then again not great.

12. Last but not least TEAM interaction, why cant i call a team meeting when i want? why do i have to wait until it says i can in one of the players interaction sections.. Maybe i want to praise the team as a collective and not just criticise everything. Also why is there no option to take the players away on a bonding session \o/. If the team has low moral or a few players aren't getting on???

Anyway that's all i've got at the minute.

ok here goes...

1: definitely, couldnt agree more. has been mentioned a lot, and really needs to be included.

2 & 3: again, needs to be done. should improve this year I hope, with better news, and now the ability to "subscribe" to areas where you want news.

4: again, agreed. its annoying you cant see the full seasons stats at a glance.

5: disagree. not to say its a bad idea, but i personally wouldnt want it included, i think its the wrong way for FM to go.

6: never fooled with any of the graphics in-game so couldnt really say, i'll usually change skins, but never attempted to create one of my own.

7: have been worked on for fm10, with a ton of new questions/responses (forget how many... its in one of the blogs)

8: couldnt agree more, gets on my nerves when theyre comlaining about a signing thats not even played a game. should be able to tell them he's one for the future.

9: agreed. there's fan days and a fans spokesperson, but thats as far as it goes atm. give us more interaction!!

10: not sure about the financial advisor idea tbh, i would prefer the other idea. more details on the "finances" screen. and no no no no no no to using wages!! its been mentioned loads of times, and usually gets (rightly) shot down every time.

11: yes! more interaction! if the chairman sells my best player, i want to be abe to say somethin about it.

12: good idea! would be nice to be able to tell the whole team theyre doing well (or not) rather than having to do it player by player.

Some good ideas in here, in general, good post!! :thup:

We don't know what all the features are fo rFM10 yet - why not hold back a few weeks before launching into 'new' ideas?

I more than happy to be wrong... thats just my thoughts on whats missing at the moment.

Archived