Loaning Players

I am managing a Coca Cola 2 side (nearing promotion! w00t!), and recently formed a link with a semi-pro team in Ireland. The idea was it would help with scouting and allow me to give match time to some players. However, everyone who I've offered to the new feeder club has refused the transfer.

What kind of player is likely to accept the transfer? I have tried players who were getting very little match time, from my team, the reserves, and the youth. No go with any of them.

I don't think it was a good idea getting a feeder team in league 2. You probably shouldn't look for a feeder til you reach the CCC or PL.

I also managed a team in league 2 and found that the youngsters worth keeping could easily be loaned out using the simple off to feature. Other league 2 or conference teams always seem interested.

Yeah, I hear that. But, since I did make the link, any advice on how the loan process works? My assumption is that the players are refusing because the team is "beneath them." Is there any way to make up for that? My worst players can't be loaned b/c they are too young, the older ones refuse ... I guess I just need to terminate the relationship ...

Archived