Youth Leagues suggestion.

Hello, fellow FM09 players and FM09 developers.

I've been playing FM since 08 and these past two years I've enjoyed it alot.

However, one thing that annoys me, are the amount of youth leagues.

When I play FM, I almost always play as Feyenoord, a team in the Dutch 'Eredivisie', which is the highest league.

As a Dutch team, my chances of signing and keeping good players, is not that high, since only AFC Ajax, is actually able to sigh important players in higher leagues, other clubs need to give a wage so extremely, that it's irresponsible and most of the times impossible.

I am therefor, obligated to put alot of energy, time and of course money in young players for the future. I am however, unable to let alot of youth players play, since there is only 1 youth league, the well known -19.

I however, pledge that instead of a -19, there should be atleast 3 youth leages. The A youngsters, B youngsters and C youngsters. Or -19, -18 and -17. Of course, if people wouldn't want this many youthleagues, they should be able to deselect then when playing a game.

This way my youngsters that are younger then the older more experienced ones, can still play and develop their skills properly. For a team such as Real Madrid or Manchester United, this may be less important because they can keep their best players happy easier. But for smaller teams and certainly for smaller leagues, the youth are of great importance.

I hope that people will respond to this with their opinions and suggestions and that the developers will take this is mind, when finishing FM10 or designing FM11. Because once again, I really like FM, but the lack of youthleagues is in my opinion, a very big flaw that needs to be repaired. Which I assume, can be done.

Greetings from Niels.

It'll probably be too late for FM10, as I imagine it would be too big of a change to coed into a patch, as the game is largely finished, I imagine, execpt for testing and ironing out any bugs found. But it would be a good idea for FM11, as well as multiple international youth teams, thus eliminating the niggly problem of different areas having different age levels.

Great idea but if yu think about it if people have a not so good computer as other then it will slow the game down even more.

But i think it should be included and if people dont want this feature then there should be an option to turn it off at the start of the game like the part were it says "play game without real players or something" lol :)

Thank you for your replies and input :)

Personally I think developing youth players and seeing them become first team players is one of the best aspects in the game. I'd like to see more ideas and work inplented on the youthteams and players, some more diversity also, because they are the future of a long term save game :)

Archived